Welcome to our church today
It’s great to share with you at church today.
Please make yourself known to our staff if you are visiting.
Worth Noting – 15th August’s SMH letters includes Libby Jones’ response to Lisa Brawar’ “Religion must either modernise or pay the price” (August 13) she writes mostly from her experience of Orthodox Judaism, although purporting to address more generally Western women’s roles in religion. Yes, the Catholic Church does not ordain women, but major Protestant churches do so in major Western democracies. In citing three Western women political leaders, Brawar omits the important link that the very churches those leaders identify with all ordain women in their countries – American Methodist (Hillary Clinton), Anglican (Theresa May) and German Lutheran (Angela Merkel). Those modern political women come from modern women’s churches. It’s not an either/or solution.
Don’t Miss Jane Tooher’s article on Jane Barker, wife of Bishop Barker founder of Moore College. The Barkers were a great team for the Lord, shaping the Christian life of our city and country.
Why would you ride 888kms in 8 days?
Craig is riding to raise funds for school classrooms in Katoke school.
Tax deductible donations can be made at www.mycause.com.au/page/131216/craig-stalder
The group of 20 plus local riders is aiming to raise $80,000 but Craig’s personal target is $6000.
Parish Council Update –
- Decided to donate $2000 to support Manda Waddington as chaplain to Kirrawee Public School in 2017.
- We have applied for grants to renovate Busy Bees Hall ($10,500) and to hold an ESL / grandparents lunch ($1000) in October.
- Also, fix the access to 133 GBR cottage with a wheel chair ramp and porch extension.
- Support the celebration of Soul Revival Church to full Parish status at Synod.
- Investigating how Weekendaway 2017 can be more of a whole Parish experience, and working with parents & leaders to develop our whole youth and children’s ministry.
Your brother in Christ, Graham Crew