Welcome to our church today
It’s great to share with you at church today.
Please make yourself known to our staff if you are visiting.
Celebrate ESL’s 2nd Anniversary Lunch On Sunday 6th Nov.
We would love our members to join in the celebration lunch at 12noon. Lunch will catered for 100, with 40 seats reserved for our ESL members. So tickets will be sold on a first in basis. Cost of a baked dinner lunch is $20 each. Come and support the team and the students. Here their stories. Encourage their growth. Show the love of Jesus to those newer to this land. Express God’s great salvation plan for all nations.
Updates From The Recent Parish Council Meeting. Thank you for your prayers. PC began the budgeting process on Thursday night and also decided to:
- Install new steps and a ramp for access & safety into 133 Gymea Bay Road.
- Donate $1500 to our mission partners Donaldsons, who face a financial shortfall.
- Appoint Sean Buckley to the vacant PC position.
- Continue to investigate possible Women’s Pastor for 2017.
- Invest in our youth & children’s ministry leaders 2017 Nextgen training ($1500). (New initiatives are possible due to Wylie Estate gift of $62,000 and sacrificial weekly giving by our members).
- Noted with thanks – new mulching of playground, new office chairs for Kim & Olivia, Dr Peter Jensen booked as speaker for Weekendaway July 2017, plans to celebrate the church’s 90th Anniversary in 2017. $2000 is available for 2017 Weekendaway subsidies, from this year’s fund raising.
- Noted the last 2 months General Giving was $9,000 below budget.
Gymea Welcomes Matthew Steele-Smith in 2017. I’m delighted that Matthew has agreed to join our Sunday ministry team in January 2017. He was part of the SMBC mission in March of this year. PC has agreed to employ him to provide lead instrument at 930am church (he’s an excellent, experienced keyboardist and guitarist). I’m also enormously grateful to Jessamy, Roger, Craig, Josh and David who have all shifted from other congregations at times to help lead our music at 930 church.
Matthew has been involved in leading music and youth work at Seaforth, North Epping & South Turramurra Anglican Churches & Macquarie Chapel. He’s a graduate of Youthworks and Cornhill Colleges and currently studying his BTh in 1st year SMBC. He also tutors in the Year 13 Youthworks program. He worked fulltime for 3 years for the Crusaders in youth camping ministry and hopes to work in student ministry in the future. Matthew will be with us in a Sunday only role. In the afternoons he will be involved in our 4pm and 6pm churches in various ministries. Matthew’s appointment has been made possible by the generous bequest of the late Gwen Wylie and our members weekly giving. Gifts towards his ministry here will be possible through our Music Trust which is also tax deductible. See our wardens for details.
Your brother in Christ, Graham Crew