Welcome to our church today
It’s great to share with you at church today. Please make yourself known to our staff if you are visiting.
Matthew Steele-Smith News!! Matt will be with us on Sundays in 2017 as a student minister, while studying fulltime at SMBC. Matt will be involved in a variety of ministries, but specialising in music at 930 church & youth & children’s. Matt will be with us on Sunday 27th November at 930 church to give us a chance to meet him before he starts in 2017. Members can contribute to Matt’s weekly salary here by donating to the Music Trust (which is also tax deductible, so see wardens for details of this) Matt announced his engagement to Stephanie Smith on Sunday to be married in 2017! We hope Steph will be with us too on 27th November.
News From Parish Council: PC met last Thursday and discussed or decided:
- To replace the fence adjoining 5 bonnie View Street (beside Busy Bees).
- our 2017 Budget to be finalised in November, which is dependent on $42,000 raised in 2016 (Cue sale, Springfair & Thanskgiving) & raising $52,000 via our new SRE Trust (this year over $33,000 has already been given).
- Imminent arrival of our heart defibrillator – another successful grant application.
- Asks for prayer for success of grant application for Busy Bees hall renovations.
- Our revised Parish Vision statement to be finalised in November.
- Providing improved wheel chair (ramped) and disabled access to our church office, stage area, and 133 GBR.
- A letter of support for our Archbishop’s defence of Biblical faith.
- The successful progression of Soul Revival Church to full Parish status.
- Agreed to leasing the property to Sing Australia on Tuesday evenings for their rehearsals (we have 4 other leases which all help to reduce our mortgage).
- Visits to church in January of our link missionaries the Prestons & Donaldsons.
Moore College Principal to visit Gymea: Dr Mark Thompson is a top scholar in the field of New testament and Doctrine. He will be speaking at all our church meetings on Sunday 4th December. His topic is the “real, historic Jesus of Christmas” – this is a good pre-Christmas opportunity to invite family and friends. Also don’t miss the opportunities for those you love to hear more of Jesus at our next Women’s and Men’s events on 26th November and 3rd December respectively.
Copies of Reg Piper’s new Bible Study book are available from our church office for just $9. Great for your devotions or a Christmas gift! Limited copies available.
More on Safe Schools Material: The research underpinning Safe Schools was recently discredited in a report by Sydney University Professor Patrick Parkinson who warned that it was flawed and misleading. Australian Christian Lobby CEO Lyle Shelton writes, “Parents should be aware that Safe Schools encourages teachers not to use the pronouns ‘he’ or ‘she’ when speaking to children and encourages schools to change their uniform and toilet policies to accommodate students identifying as the opposite gender.”
Your brother in Christ, Graham Crew