Our Mortgage is Down!
To purchase 133 Gymea Bay road and to renovate our buildings 10 years ago, we undertook a mortgage of $1.2 million. By 2011, it was down to $800,000. Now it is just $250,000. This is still a sizeable amount but way down on what it was. This reduction is due to the wise management by our Parish Council and the sacrifices of many of our members. The rental of our halls helps to repay the loan as did some of the Wylie Estate, and regular gifts from our members, many of whom have arranged to contribute electronically. Parish Council has decided to apply all the income from the rental of Piper Cottage to repay this loan. Their goal is to completely pay off the mortgage by the end of 2020. Would you consider being a regular donor to this fund and help us to meet this goal?
Important news About Our Hosting Refugees
This week warden Steve Leitch met with representatives from Anglicare and the Property Trust—he is confident that, in principle, agreement has been reached over the lease of Piper Cottage for $575pw for a period of 2 years. Renovations are more than 50% complete thanks to the hard work of George Ward and his team and builder James McLachlan. Please keep praying for Anglicare to locate the right refugee family for us to love and care for.
News From Parish Council Meeting Last Week
Parish Council considered:
- The long awaited defibrillator to be delivered soon.
- Our regional mission with Moore College in March 2018.
- The excellent Weekendaway and options to reduce the overall cost to enable even more to attend in 2018—a vote of thanks was offered for the team.
- Our CMS mission partners in France the Apiezconeks will be with us for a week in April 2018.
Parish Council decided to:
- Apply for further grants to reroof Thompson Hall approx. cost $6700 and for ESL $4600.
- Thank Bunnings for $500 grant for the renovation of Piper Cottage.
- Investigate the installation of a ramp on the stage area of the church enabling wheel chair and disabled access, and the removal of the 2nd stage area.
- Invest $1500 increasing the electrical capacity of Thompson Hall & $800 to install a donated air-conditioner.
- Purchase and fit out a third storage container at cost of up to $2300.
Which dad ran 77th in the Sutherland to surf run in 43.41 mins? Initials “Sean Buckley”
Which member of night church has been selected to compete at the National Titles in Adelaide in 2018 … initials “Amanda Stevens” …. Both LEGENDS!
Your brother in Christ, Graham Crew