90th Anniversary Celebration – Back to Gymea Day
On Sunday 22nd October at 930am we will be holding the finale of our 90th Anniversary celebrations. Archbishop Glenn Davies will be our guest speaker at a combined service at 9.30am. All other services will be cancelled on this day to enable members to attend. Some children’s program will be included both in the service and while the service proceeds. Our members are encouraged to invite their friends and contacts – this is a great opportunity to welcome back past members of GAC or future members! A special invitation postcard will soon be available to share. On this occasion the Archbishop will officially rename 129 Gymea Bay Road “Derrett House” in honour of the life and ministry of the late Rev Jack and Mrs Bev Derrett. Jean Robinson will again provide us with her wonderful display of local church memorabilia, as she did at our Art Show weekend. Many thanks to Jean. Please mark this date in your diary.
Dorcas Continues to care for the most Needy
For many years our craft group Dorcas has not only provided group connection in Christian community but has also provided for the neediest through “Wraps With Love”. Dorcas is led by Carolyn Summers from our night church. “Wraps with Love” was founded by Sonia Gidley-King in 1992. Since then “Wrap With Love’s” 30,000 volunteers have knitted 255,322 wraps which were shipped all over Australia and around the globe, including to fistula patients in Ethiopia. Dorcas, which meets Monday 10-12noon, produces all sorts of wonderful crafts some of which are also sold at our Spring fair. Well done on another great year Dorcas!
New from our Parish Council this week
- Council thanks our members for their generous support. They expressed their concern over the failure to meet budget and our recent SRE Trust appeal – ministry cutbacks may be needed, Parish Council to speak to our members. Please pray for God’s provision.
- Expecting our defibrillator next week.
- About to finally sign the lease on Piper Cottage with Anglicare to host our refugee Family.
- Applying for a Federal grant to fix the deteriorated church facias and gutters.
- Purchasing a 3rd container for storage and moving the garden shed.
- Rejoicing at the growth of our ESL ministry.
Your brother in Christ, Graham Crew