Please pray for Pakistan
Asia Bibi has been acquitted by the Supreme Court of Pakistan after facing trumped up charges. The Lahore High Court’s verdict sentencing her to death for blasphemy has been overturned. She has been in jail for over 8 years. Praise God for this decision and thank you for your continued prayerful support for Asia and her family as they will most likely, out of necessity, be relocating to another country.
- Please pray for her and her family’s safety as they travel and that they will be welcomed into their new community.
- Please remember the Christian communities in Pakistan; ask our Father to keep them safe. Ask Him to help them entrust their lives into His eternal hands and provision. Ask Him to continue to build them up in their faith in the Lord Jesus, that they may know that nothing can separate them from the love of Christ. A backlash from Moslem extremists against Christian is likely.
- Please pray for the judges who courageously made this decision, as they and their families are also at risk.
Update from Parish Council
PC met on Thursday night and deeply appreciates your prayers. Most time was spent on 2019 budget matters and PC wishes to thank our members for your continued financial support. Given that we have been over budget this year PC was able to respond to a number of urgent requests outside our budgeted expenditure. Council decided to give to support:
- $2000 to SBCE in 2018-19 for high school SRE.
- $2000 in 2018 to our mission partners Andy & Nicolle Donaldson who are in danger of missing their student summer missions due to lack of funding.
- $2000 to Evan Moses in 2019 for his compulsory overseas student mission as part of his training at Moore College.
Council asks me to alert our members that both SBCE and the Donaldsons are behind budget at present. The Donaldsons need $7000 before Christmas to get their finances back on track.
Your Pastor and Brother In Christ, Graham Crew