Parish Prayer Meeting
Has been moved to 21st August Wednesday 7.30-9pm in the church building. These are wonderful times of gathering to praise and seek the Lord’s help and guidance. We are very grateful to God for the privilege of prayer and there’s something beautiful and powerful when God’s people meet to pray. We do this 4 times per year so don’t miss this one if you can. These gatherings have been increasingly well attended and they are special times when we come from across our 5 congregations to seek the Lord together.
We always try to lift our eyes beyond ourselves and beyond the Shire, to be reminded of what God is doing across His world. In the second half of 2019 we we’ll have some special guests to help us to this on Sundays. 1st Sept Father Day – CMS missionaries Graham & Wendy Toulmin will be with us to update us on the amazing mission and churches of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The DRC is the poorest and most war-torn country on earth. Over the past 20 years, civil war and invading militia have killed over 5 million. Yet God’s kingdom is growing and his people living for Him. What a place for the Toulmins to return to as missionaries in their late 60’s and “retirement”! Don’t miss their inspirational stories.
Parish Council Updates
· See last week’s note about church building interior developments.
· PC thanks all our members for their commitment to giving, thankful that we are meeting budget this year due recently to slightly surpassing the targets for our Music & SRE Trust Appeals!
· Investigating improving our sound and lighting in the church.
· Investigating improving our playground equipment and thankful for recent repairs to add to its safety.
· Thankful for the recent Big Weekendaway, thanks the organisers and hopes that this can be repeated in 2020.
· Considering whether a new hall cleaning roster is necessary to ensure the cleanliness of the southern hall.
· Thanks Joan Riley for her continued representation of our church on the SBCE Board and is seeking a 2nd rep, perhaps a former Kirrawee or Gymea High student.
· Rejoicing that the mortgage debt is now down to $51,118 and on track to be completely repaid by Dec 2020.
Your brother in Christ, Graham Crew