Our first Anglican Church service was held in the open,under a tree in Gymea Bay. The service was conducted by the Rev. A. R. Saw, on January 16, 1927. The minister spoke from a hastily assembled pulpit made from a fruit box and Mrs Malthouse senior offered her black felt hat to take up the collection. Nearly 90 years on, Gymea Anglican Church continues to serve the local community and our great Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.